BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 17, 2009

Special K Loaf

Here's my Special K Loaf recipe for those who are interested =)
Just so you know, I don't measure anything. I just dump it in. I get the biggest bowl I have and by the time I'm done, it's filled to the brim. I also bake this in the largest pyrex dish I have, which (I'm not sure of the measurements) I believe is 11 x 14 or something like that. Anyway. enjoy. =)


Fill the bowl 3/4 full of Special K (or cornflakes, they both taste just as good).
Mix in one bag of shredded cheddar cheese.
Add one tub of large curd cottage cheese.
Saute' burger crumbles in a skillet with a little olive oil cooking spray, and cook till they are browned.
Chop one large white onion and add into the mix.
Empty two packets of Lipton Onion Soup mix into mixture and add burger crumbles to the bowl.
Add 6-8 eggs, or however many it takes to moisten the mixture.

Mix thoroughly, spray cooking spray onto baking dish and pour mixture in. Pat down and smooth out. Bake at 400* for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top.

Best when eaten with mashed potatoes, fresh steamed broccoli or salad, and Apple pie a'la mode for desert. =) It may not be the absolute healthiest, but it's delicious, even as left overs. And the leftover loaf (if there is any left over) makes an absolute amazing sandwich.

0 comments: