BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 15, 2007

more political correct crap...

The newscaster just announced that Lowe's Home store tried their best to be politically correct this holiday season. Instead of labeling their catalog section for holidays trees in the correct term of "Christmas Trees", the page proudly displayed the heading "Family Trees", along with pages full of pictures of brightly decorated spruce trees. Apparently, enough smart people stood up and protested, and Lowe's realized that most people still do celebrate Christmas as just that -- a celebration of Christ. So they issued an appology and the next catalog will be printed display the correct heading of "Christmas Trees"...

And just in case anybody out there is an idiot and confuses a family tree with a Christmas tree, I've included a picture to jog your memory:



and that, my friends, is a family tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice "family" tree! Sad part is that I know what each and every one of the items on that tree are...

On topic, I appreciate your perspective which is boldly displayed in this blog. I can't say I disagree with the concept behind what you are saying, though I can't say I entirely agree with everything you say.

One thing I do agree on is in regards to this politically correct stuff! I mean, what next? Are they going to abolish the word "christening" from the dictionary because it has "christ" in it?

There is definitely a difference between separation of church and state and the recognition of the origins of our country. Those origins are Christian origins and acknowledging that FACT is not contrary to the concept of separation of church and state.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll comment more in the days to come. In the meantime keep giving me more blogs to read so I can distract myself from work/homework!!

David K.

skaMEDIA said...

have you seen the news release about the dancing dentist? you might find it interesting: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21599495/