BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 2, 2007

RN (to be)

The Nursing Committee here at Southern met on Wednesday afternoon, and may I say that was one of the longest days of my life. The coordinator of the department had told me that I could call her on Thursday morning to find out if I got into the program. So early Thursday AM, I called her office and...no answer. I called as many other numbers for people in the nursing department that I could find for the next hour and a half, and still no one answered. Finally, just before I left for convocation (2 hours later), someone answered their phone and gave me the amazing news that I DID make it into the nursing program for this January. I was so happy that I broke into tears. It was one of the best days of my life.

November has already come upon us and it amazes me how fast this last year has past. This time last year, I was planning my wedding and stressing out about everything. But my life is so great right now -- I feel like all my dreams are coming true, and I know that sounds like a cliche, but it's true. Everything I've ever wanted, I have, and God is just soooo good to us.

We are headed to Gatlinburg, TN for a long weekend this thanksgiving to celebrate our first anniversary. I'm really looking forward to the trip, because it is so incredibly beautiful up there, and I'm just praying it snows, because that would make it even more perfect.

Who said you need lots of money to be happy?? They obviously didn't have the blessings that I've been given, and so every day, I thank God for how much he's poured out upon me.

2 comments:

skaMEDIA said...

oh yes, and congrats on here too! :)

Shane Hilde said...

It's nice to hear the stories of happily married couples in a country with such a high divorce rate.