BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

birthday blues and blessings...

So today is my 23rd birthday. It's kind of discouraging to realize that you're at the age where you really don't care about birthdays anymore. Of course, it's nice to hear from everyone and get birthday wishes, but I've had the hardest time thinking of anything I want to do to celebrate. Part of that could be though that all my best friends are out of town. O well.

So today, instead of whining about whatever little thing wrong with my life I could find, I'm going to count my blessings. Afterall, it is a new year of life, and it's only right to be extremely grateful to God for giving me health. So here is my list of thank-you's and blessings:

1. Life. I see so much sickness at work and it makes me thankful every day for being alive and happy.
2. Health. I can't complain about my health -- even though I often get sick during the schoolyear, God has always blessed me with overall good health.
3. My husband. This should go up top actually. He is the best part of my life and he gives me a reason to put a smile on my face no matter how hard the day can get.

4. Youth. I'm happy to be young. Even though I feel older this year, and I'm not thrilled with it, I'm so happy for this time in my life. Dealing with hospice patients at work, or just old sick people makes me never want to get old...ever. And though I'll never chase after the fountain of youth, I will give thanks to God every day for being young.
5. Graduation is almost here. nuff said. =)
6. My home. I absolutely love where we live. I have a small spot for flowers, it's cozy and just feels like Home.
7. My family. I have an amazing family who is always so supportive of things that I do and I am eternally grateful for them.
8. Amazing friends. I love them all.
9. God's grace. I'm so thankful for being able to wake up every day and start over. I can learn from my mistakes and make new decisions. God is so amazing to us all.
10. My job. Sometimes it can be a real drag, but no matter what goes wrong, I always stop and think about that fact that at least I have a job, when so many are struggling to just find a stable job or put food on the table. I love taking care of people and I'm glad to have found my niche in life.


There are so many more things I'm grateful for, but I'll stop with those top ten. They aren't in any order of preference, just what came to mind while I was writing.

What are you thankful for?

0 comments: