BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 21, 2007

morons and such...

I have a serious problem with so called Christians catering to the whims of atheists and other non-believers for fear of stepping on their ever evolving big toe. Let me explain: I was listening to the radio the other day and heard an announcement on the local news that the committee for the Annual Holiday Celebration here in Chattanooga had decided to ax the live Nativity scene put on by the local Baptist church because some idiot complained that it offended them at the celebration. And though they made the announcement that it did not necessarily follow with their beliefs, they didn't want to step on anyones toes, so they were removing it from the program. But I bet you if some towel-head showed up and wanted to do a skit about Muhammed, the committee would've voted towards it, in order to show how loving and supportive they were of different cultures.

PEOPLE!!! This is CHRISTmas...I know that Hallmark has turned it into a day of amazingly expensive ornaments, cards and wrapping paper, and Toys R' Us has thrown their chips into the pot for toys and gadgets, but it's Christmas...what's next?? Renaming the holiday to .... Holidaymas? O wait, we already call it Xmas. One of these days, congress is going to make a brilliant vote to outlaw angels on top of our trees.

If you don't believe in Jesus, don't celebrate Christmas. Go celebrate Hannakuh, or Kwanza, or New Years, or better yet, just celebrate yourself...cause that's about all the excitement you're gonna get. Why is it that when I worked in retail stores, I couldn't tell a customer "Merry Christmas", but rather, had to say "Happy Holidays", for fear that someone might not believe in God and be offended. But how about my being offended that I can't talk about Jesus, even in a simple way of telling someone Merry Christmas.

I'm tired of having to tip toe around on eggshells to keep from offending people. In our effort to stop alienating "weird" people and make everyone feel warm fuzzies, we've created a group of morons that can't think for themselves or have anybody tell them straight.

It's getting old, ya'll.

Jesus is the reason for the season.

4 comments:

Shane Hilde said...

I feel that way at work. I have a love/hate relationship with my job. I can't talk about God as freely as I like, but I want to be there so that there is at least a presence there.

Shane Hilde said...

By the way if you don't know who I am, this is Shane.

Rachel said...

yeah i know who you are shane :) nice to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, I'm always happy to find out that people with different or no religious beliefs are ensuring freedom by making sure the government doesn't establish any sort of religious practices. I would object to any sort of an overt religious display appearing in the context of a government sponsored activity, not just a christian one. Also, I'm surprised that you use a racist term like "towel head". I personally get tired of christians complaining that they are somehow oppressed by the government. This is something I head a lot of growing up, but it really doesn't make much sense, consider that there is no single member of congress who is openly atheist, christians dominate the government and yet thankfully this country was founded on the principle that the both the government and religion function best when they are kept separate. Why would you want to change that?