BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pumpkin spice and everything nice



I've decided that my absolute favorite smell in the world is Pumpkin spice. I just revel in the fragrance everytime I'm near it. I have a Pumpkin candle that sits on my coffee table, and I can finally burn it again, because the weather has turned cool, and the heat that is put off by the candle helps warm the house. =) That's one thing I love about fall and winter -- you can burn candles again without making the house an oven. Actually, I love everything about fall and winter. It's just a wonderful time of year. Even tho the plants are dying, and everything turns brown, there is so much life in those leaves while they are changing colors. It puts a smile on my face every time I see the bright reds and yellows of my backyard trees. Anyway, back to my smell goods. I'm addicted to smell goods for the house. During the summer, I found the Fresh Air Minimatic, or whatever they are called. Anyway, it spurts out air freshner every few minutes, and I loaded up the house with those. Don't get me wrong, the house doesn't stink, but I'd like to prevent any stinks from coming up. =) The funny thing is that the last air freshner I bought is kind of large, and it has an aerosol can in it, so the spray is kind of loud, and it sounds a bit like a fart. So when I had company over for dinner once, just a few days after I bought the freshner, we had quite the explaining to do that it really was just an air freshner, and not Nathan farting! JK.
Back to fall -- the weather has been so beautiful lately. Even with the few days straight of rain last week (which we terribly needed), you just can't help but love the fall.
I carved my very first pumpkin last week. I had planned on carving three of them, but the other two are still sitting on my kitchen floor. But I did enjoy every icky bit of carving the first pumpkin. I don't like Jack-O-Lanterns, so I did mine with a leaf shape from a cookie cutter, and it turned out quite nice. I'll upload a picture of it.
A little boy came by the house last friday, he was from AW Spalding elementary school. He was selling cookies and pies, and we couldn't pass up buying something from him, even tho his sales pitch was horrid. =) But we both canvassed for so long, that we've got to encourage the little kids now so they might spend a summer in a program. But one summer is enough ... really...

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Pumpkin Pies are the best...

skaMEDIA said...

i want punkin pie!!