BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 3, 2009

random thoughts

So the other day, while Nathan and I were driving back to Chattanooga from Texas, we stop at a gas station to get some taco bell for supper. Since it was a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut Express, the prices were like, three times as much as normal, so I decided to forgo a drink at Taco Bell, and get a much cheaper one at the gas station. I headed over to the soda fountain and filled up an odd sized cup (22 oz, not 24 oz. Thought the price sign was quoted for 24 oz. I think they charged me for 2 extra ounces ...), and then headed to the check out. The girl at the register barely looked at me as she rung up my soda, and bruskly told me "Dollar Nineteen." She was looking at someone else while she was talking, so I pulled out a dollar and a quarter, and laid it on the counter. She turns around and sticks her hand out at me, so I pointed to the money and said "You said 1.19, right? Well there's 1.25!" She just looks at me and holds her hand out still, and I look right back and say "There's your money!". I was about to just walk away and leave the change, and she opens her mouth and says (with the biggest attitude) "Pick the money up and put it in my hand!" I look at her incredulous. Are you serious? You can't pick the money up off the counter yourself? At first I thought maybe her hand was paralyzed or something, but her fingers were moving, so I knew that couldn't be it. I just stood there, my mind whirling. Then she says it again, with her voice raised. "Put the money in my hand! God, don't you think it's rude to put it down on the counter?????" I scooped up the money with one hand, because my other hand was full of my taco bell, wallet and drink, and dropped it into her hand, replying "No not really." So she pulled out my receipt and my six cents and carefully laid them on the counter, and said "THERE! DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER???!" I just looked at her again, with this really curious look on my face, and scooped up my money and went on my way. I'm confused though -- what makes someone so anal? I mean, it's not my fault that she's stuck working at a gas station in the middle of nowhere in Texas. There's a community college somewhere around, if she wants a better option for her life. So don't take it out on me --- THE CUSTOMER, who is offering you money, which helps YOU keep your job!

Which brings me to another thought -- My brother-in-law told us about how stores in Florida are now putting PICTURES of the money that a customer is supposed to receive in change on the screen of the register, so that the cashier knows exactly how much change to give back, you know, in case they can't count and all. So imagine you're paying a twenty dollar bill for something that cost 11.65. The screen would pop up with a picture of a five dollar bill, a picture of 3 one dollar bills, a picture of a quarter, and a picture of a dime. Wow, I feel really safe knowing people who can't count are checking me out at Wal-Mart and running my credit cards and checks. I mean, shouldn't that be a requirement for becoming a cashier? "O, you can't count? Well, goodbye. There's a street-sweeper job available next door I believe." O right, that would be politically incorrect to do, and we might offend some poor soul who was too lazy to learn his times tables.

Which brings me to another thought -- This country is going to politically correct itself right into oblivion. Seriously. It's so idiotic, some of the things they make people do nowdays to be "PC". And even they are realizing how dumb they are. All this global warming crap, and we've had the coldest winter in decades. States were breaking cold records left and right just before christmas, so now, ooooo , it's a climate change. No duh -- the climate changes at least four times a year. Lets see, spring, summer, fall and winter. Just get over it, Al Gore, and try to lower your own energy bill. You know, an investigation was launched into Al Gore, and they found that he pays over 16,000.00 a MONTH for his mansion's energy bill. That's right. Now don't get me wrong, I believe we should take care of the earth and protect it. God put Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden to care for it, and he in no way said "just do whatever you like, who cares about the garden". But when you care for the earth at the expense of the humans ON it, then I have a problem.

0 comments: